Hiya Blogland!!! Everyone have a fabulous holiday weekend?? It’s back to the grind for me. At least I have a 3 day work week as this Friday is my off Friday. Gonna be busy baking 12 dozen cupcakes for a graduation party!
I didn’t get all the sewing done I wanted but managed to get some alterations done and finish a sheet couture item to be debuted later this week!! I also brought some fabric on sale to make a couple of maxi dresses cause heaven knows I NEED more maxi dresses.
This what I wore to run some errands yesterday. The tshirt was $7 at Walmart. I DIY’d it a bit by ruching the sides to shorten it. The photo doesn’t show the cool glitter on the design. It’s accessorized by cute MrBill!! I was rubbing his chin and he was falling asleep.
I stopped by the goodwill in town as everything was 50% off for Memorial Day. I founds lots of stuff but either it didn’t fit or I didn’t love it. Never fear–I didn’t come home empty-handed!! I got a nice wine-colored Merona cardigan for Julie for $2–you should see me taking pix on the phone and sending them to her of stuff I find to see if she likes it while in the store!!! LOLOL I find a couple of skirts for me. The one I’m wearing today I saw at Kohl’s this past winter for $58. I spent $1.50 on it!!! How can you go wrong with a black & white snake print silky crinkly maxi skirt?? It had a lining in it that was just bizarre. It was too tight for the skirt and rode up–probably why the skirt wound up donated. Nothing a pair of scissors couldn’t fix!! I just wear my own slip under it!!
I was nominated by sweet Debbie of I Love my Lemonade Life for a Leibster Award
Here are the questions I must answer:
1. What would be your super power if you could pick one? I’d like to have the power to invisibly zap someone who was acting rude or mean or cruel. Oh yeah, and when it zaps this deep disembodied voice will intone “DUMB ASS”
2. Fill in the blank. I am a closet Mystery Science Theater 3000 fan.
3. If you knew the world was ending at the end of 2013, what would you do differently? Show more love to the unloved. And eat a whole New York cheesecake by myself.
4. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? Nope–I just push it once. Sometimes I forget to push it and stand there all stupid wondering why the elevator’s not moving.
5. What was your favorite toy as a kid? I had a bunch of plastic horses but my absolute favorite was this horse that came with my Jane West Doll. Doll was stupid but oh how I loved that horse!!
6. You’re in a time travel capsule. Where are you going? I would love to go back to the 1890’s and my great-grandmother’ Annie’s childhood. I’ve heard the stories but to have seen it in real life/time would be amazing!!
7. Why did you start a blog? I wanted to be one of the cool kids. No, seriously, mostly to help myself with self-image and stuff. I used to be very shy and retiring and all that.
8. Which Disney princess are you and why? Merida from “Brave”–because she Scottish and kicks ass.
9. Morning person or night person? Morning, definitely. And I’m married to someone who is like a turtle stampeding uphill in peanut butter in the morning.
10. Do you have a daily routine or do you take the day as it comes? I have a routine but I’m pretty flexible–I don’t freak out if stuff happens and upsets my well-ordered life. LOLOL–ok my FANTASY well-ordered life!
11. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you were? I’m actually cool with my real age.
Here are the rules:
1. Answer the 11 questions from the one that nominated you.
2. Choose 5-10 bloggers to nominate that have less than 300 followers. And show em some luv by stating why!
3. Give them 11 questions to answer.
4. Go to their site to let them know you nominated them.
5. Can’t nominate back
6. Don’t forget to c&p the award pic and post on your blog
Here are my 11 questions:
1. Gold or silver?
2. What is your favorite candy?
3. Best book you’ve read recently.
4. A pet peeve.
5. What is your favorite season of the year?
6. What is your favorite color?
7. Your life is going to become a script for a movie. Who would you want to play you?
8. You get to become a villain for a day from a Disney movie. Which villain are you?
9. If any character from a novel could be your best friend, who would you want it to be and why?
10. What is your favourite thing to eat for dinner? Do you make it yourself or is there a restaurant you prefer to order it?
11. It’s your birthday. What’s for dessert?
I’m nominating the following fabulous Bloggers!! Go check out their answers to these scintillating questions!!
Clare is just the coolest!! She’s an artist and her posts always have the coolest literary allusions! She’s also a fantastic photographer and stages awesome photoshoots.
Katherine has the neatest job!! She makes costumes for plays!! And she has a collection of some really weird dolls she shares on Wednesdays.
Monica is one of my queens of color combos!! Always interesting, she makes some of her clothes and picks the coolest fabrics out there. I find her one the the most inspiring and unique “deluxe” size bloggers out there!
Pat is just amazing! she refashions clothes into artistic and fantastic creations like the one she’s wearing above. Loads of inspiration if you sew on her blog!!
Ally is one of the sweetest and bravest bloggers out there. Though-provoking posts, great photography– and anyone who’ll rock a leopard mini with hot pink furry leggings RULES in my book!!
I’ll answer the 11 questions I asked on Thursday. I’m off to do a bit more sewing and some Kindle maintenance.