Hello Blogland!! Hope everyone is having a wonderful start to the week or at least semi-bearable!!
I teased y’all yesterday with this picture of a wicker purse I thrifted Friday for $1. It had a damaged handle attachment and couldn’t be used as a purse. HOWEVER-it had “potential”!!
I decided to use it as a container for a floral arrangement. First up I stuffed the inside with a piece of floral foam and covered it with some spanish moss.
I then took a piece of wire and connected the handles together to make the opening the size I wanted (not all the way open-you could also use ribbon or string)
Next came the hard part-flower arranging. I’m from the just stuff it in until you like it school of arranging. The flowers came from the Dollar Store. Some bunches I cut apart into individual stems. A large leaf bunch I just shortened the stem a bit.
As I said– I just shoved the flowers and leaves in until I liked what I saw. I started with the leaves then accented with the flowers and finally the berry picks.
Here’s the finished project in its new home-the hall bath. The walls are actually lime green.
I’m thinking this would work with different purses (they need to be structured) in different styles-say a brocade vintage purse with roses or such. It would make awesome wedding reception or party centerpieces using different purses for each table.
Total cost-$1 for the purse, $5 for the flowers/leaves and I had the floral foam, wire, and spanish moss.
Thanks for stopping by for Makeover Monday #3!! Be inspired by seeing the potential in thrifted stuff!! I’m linking up with Lakota for Tah-Dah Tuesday!